This is my exchange student blog as I got the opportunity to visit the United States of America within one semester. I am Gracia, German, originally Malagasy student from Berlin living in Montgomery, Minnesota and gaining a lot of experience in this wonderful village. Enjoy my blog! :)

Feb 21, 2014

School's everyday life in TCU & Snowball

Hi everybody,

I haven't written something on here for a long time because I was so busy with school. So
much has happened in the past couples of weeks: There was Snowball and sleepovers and just the Everyday Life here is somehow much busier (in a positive way) than in Berlin. I mean on the one hand I feel more relaxed here, but on the other and I never get bored, or I never have really nothing to do.
Well, anyway Sno-ball (I prefer spellin it Snowball though!) was on Saturday night of 02/08/14 and we just had so much fun: Snowball is kind of a dance for the whole school where we dress a bit fancier than to a regular party but still it's not like Prom. Anyway, for me -as an European- some girls still had very fancy dresses but I mean everyone looked beautiful :)
My friends and me, we met at our one's friend house to put on make-up and nail polis and what not. It was just so so so fun!
Then I went to the Mall of America: I'll tell you IT IS HUGE!!! It definitely makes sense that this mall is the biggest mall of the US! ;) They have so many stores and some of them repeat but yeah we were so busy shopping and looking through the four levels and especially FINDING our way that I didn't take any pictures inside. But I guess it won't be my last trip to the MOA, so I'll let you guys know when I got some pictures of it for you :)
Otherwise, my life in Montgomery kind of assimilated: I go to school everyday at 7:30, 'cause it starts at 7:45 and I don't wanna be late :D Then I got World Cultures&Geography, Advanced Biology, Maths (Calculus), Pottery (that's where we do things out of clay, vases, bowls, mugs and cups, containers or animals), then I have Study Hall where I can do my homework or sth like that, afterwards Pre-College English and my last hour is CIS American History. I just loooove my schedule and though I have three Pre- or College-classes I feel comfortable with it and I don't regret any of them (ok, that we read Shakespeare in English right now is not my biggest favor, BUT I do understand it...generally! :P)
Yeah, so that's kind of up-to-date. I wll have some tests soon, so maybe next time I'll post sth is gonna be not in the near future but i will definitely try to make up all the things I didn't share with you gus!

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the pictures ;)
Kisses,

Gracia (:




























1 comment:

  1. Ohh wie schön! Ich liebe den "American Lifestyle" :) Bekomme dabei schon richtig "Heimweh" nach meiner amerikanischen Zweitfamilie!
    Dir eine schöne Zeit!

    Liebe Grüße Anki
    vom bilderlabor.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I'll take it as advice. Rude or insulting comments will NOT be published.