This is my exchange student blog as I got the opportunity to visit the United States of America within one semester. I am Gracia, German, originally Malagasy student from Berlin living in Montgomery, Minnesota and gaining a lot of experience in this wonderful village. Enjoy my blog! :)

Jan 15, 2014

Arrived in Montgomery

Hey everyone,

so four days ago I've arrived in Minnesota yet. Now finally, I have the time to keep you up-to-date.
So Wednesday morning was the time to say goodbye to Germany, my friends and family. It was so hard to go through that security check, knowing you will see your home and everybody at least in 5 months. Me and mom had to cry so much, but somehow I could exempt from her hug.
So after a short stop at Frankfurt Airport and a nine-hour-flight to Washington, I had to get through the customs quickly to get my connecting flight to Phoenix, AZ.
But as expected there was not sufficient time to catch the flight. It was just a mess. Fortunately, I found someone who had the same problem as me and therefore I had the chance -after several obstacles- to stay the night at the airport at supervised staff till the next morning to get my "new" flights (yep, I had to get to Cleveland, OH first and then I continued to Phoenix!).
Finally finally, Thursday noon I was in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona, picked-up by OCEAN's (my exchange program organization) director Laura. Meeting the other six exchange students was so exciting and fun. We all just clicked and had a good time. We are also from all over the world: Columbia, Italy, China and Germany. I have to admit Arizona in winter would have been probably the nicest place to stay, but somehow I was looking forward to Minnesota because of the snow and my host family. So Thursday-Saturday morning I was in Phoenix.
On Saturday, me and two other Italian girls flew to Minneapolis, nervous, excited and curious at the same time. When we all left the plane to get the luggage, we just talked about how our host families perhaps going to be, how they will welcome us and the high school the three of us are going to attend on Tuesday, 21st. After a short time we all found our host families. We took a cute picture with almost everybody standing together.
After we said goodbye to each other, my host mom, her one son and his wife took me to FARMINGTON Steakhouse. There you get like the best rib eye steak on this planet, and their baked potato was AWESOME. The steak was so big, I needed three or four meals to get all of them eaten! :P
After that we visited my host mum's nephew and then headed back home to MONTGOMERY :)
I got so tired, I almost fell into my bed.
Yep, to sum up my last three days, I strolled around through Montgomery, New Prague and Mankato (two little towns close toMontgomery), went a bit shopping (got some winter boots for the snow and cold here in Minnesota), met some new people and just havin' a good time. Unfortunately, my school firstly starts next Tuesday and I can't wait, so I am so nervous and curious about it, but Friday I'm gonna plan my schedule with the school's counselor, so yeah: looking forward to that!

See you soon, greetings form Montgomery!
New stuff coming soon!!!

Gracia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. I'll take it as advice. Rude or insulting comments will NOT be published.